Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In presence of smartness!

In the movie Good Will Hunting, there's this one scene where Robin Williams is teaching a psychology class, and his classmate from the MIT days walks in and stands by the door. Robin looks at him, and then at his students, and remarks that they are in the presence of greatness, because his friend is a Fields Medal winner - the award for Mathematics synonymous to the Nobel Prize, although it is awarded only once in 4 years.

I got a similar feeling when I found my nick mentioned alongside some very smart people, on the list of people who are judging the Accepted.com Beautiful BSchool Photo Contest. I sure got an upward kick to my ego when I read Linda's post :-) though I have come back to normalcy ever since. But I still continue to feel nice about the whole deal - not sure why. I am guessing I will get similar feelings when I start working with and being around smart classmates this fall. I had an experience of being around some smart folks when I went to undergrad school and I know it is exhilarating, but I am sure this time the experience is going to be much bigger, and more intense. I am both eager and scared(a bit) to commence my journey.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You deserve every bit of it mate!

Ka said...

Thanks for your comment!!! I'm sure will have a great time too!

Ka said...

LOL... forgot the "you" ;o)

MBAstarter said...

Having been through one, you prbly understand how excruciating WLs can get.
I had requested them for an early decision when they had waitlisted me in March and they said nothing doing :(