Thursday, April 06, 2006

Macs to run Windows...

Mac machines, both your iMac and iBooks will be able to run the Windows OS. Check out the details at http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/. This seems to me as the best of both worlds

Some important notes -

EFI and BIOS
Macs use an ultra-modern industry standard technology called EFI to handle booting. Sadly, Windows XP, and even the upcoming Vista, are stuck in the 1980s with old-fashioned BIOS. But with Boot Camp, the Mac can operate smoothly in both centuries.

Word to the Wise
Windows running on a Mac is like Windows running on a PC. That means it’ll be subject to the same attacks that plague the Windows world. So be sure to keep it updated with the latest Microsoft Windows security fixes.

8 comments:

i_will_make_it said...

I'm not a big mac user, but at least Apple's stock price is going back up! :-)

BigAppleNosh said...

You're one of the Clear Admit "Best of Blogging" nominees. Hehe, cool! =o)

Vinay Pandey said...

Hi FG, hang in there mate and I'll pray that you get into Kellogg.
ISB starts on 15th/Apr.

BigAppleNosh said...

Forrest, I've added my email ID to my profile. =o)

SG said...

Praying that u'll get into K...Keep us posted dude!

Marina said...

It IS Costa Rica!!!

I miss my tan =/

Le Voyageur said...

If Bootcamp had been released a year ago, I'd have an Intel chip in my Mac and be able to run Minitab for my regression class. Then again, if you add up all of the time spent in dealing with virus updates and security issues, probably net even. *shrug* Still love my Mac!

AynRand2008 said...

I hope you will get into Kellogg. :-)